Sunday, March 9, 2008

HB2U

I was honored when Cards Magazine asked me to do a card for their sketch for the One Sketch - Four Ways feature in their Dec./Jan. '08 magazine. They sent me the sketch and this is what I came up with. I love the colors on this. The black and white papers are Doodlebug as well as the paper frills. Flowers are Primas, Making Memories, Lil Davis and Heidi Swapp. Used some paint on teh flowers and Voila!!!
I've got a question for you. Can you give away the cards that you've had published or do you have to keep them for remembrance sake? I'd love to give them away, but just can't seem to let go of them!!!

10 comments:

Diane Doran said...

I love the combination of different kinds of flowers, and the color scheme is wonderful.

Anonymous said...

No wonder you want to keep them. I LOVE this card!..that's a hard call..My suggestion would be to create an album of your very special cards & then maybe when you can't make cards ( you know when you're a hundred or so, THEN you can use them!!!)

Danielle Flanders said...

Such a beautiful card, Lisa! Thanks for visiting my blog the other day, I wondered how you have been! Haven't seen you around in awhile! This is my last month for card designer over at Treasured Scrapbooking. I'm sad, but have a lot on my plate right now so I'll be busy, busy, busy. Congrats on the Cards gig, that's fabulous!!

Hugs,
Dani

roree said...

Beautiful card, Lisa! I was excited to be asked to that sketch too. ;) Hope you are doing well. I miss seeing you around the boards.

Have a great week!
Roree

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful, I love that layout and your black and white flowers to seperate the papers, such pretty chipboard too! I would have a hard time giving away one that I have had published but I guess I really can't say since I have never tried to have one published! But if you are giving away I would take it...

Darlene D said...

Hi Lisa, this card is beautiful. Did you buy the embossed paper locally or order online? Would love to get my hands on some of that.

Em said...

Completely gorgeous!!!

I love this card so much, the colours, the flowers everything - fab work as always!

Kimberly Crawford said...

wow! what a fantastic card! I see why they requested your work!! beautiful!!!

Kimberly Crawford said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

WOW! I LOVE black and white cards with a splash of color and this is absolutely GORGEOUS!!